TikTok ‘Chroming’ Challenge Kills 11-Year-Old UK Boy

A family in the United Kingdom is in mourning today after the tragic death of their 11-year-old son — yet another life lost to Communist China’s insidious TikTok challenges. This time it was “chroming” that claimed the life of a promising young person.

The Times of London reported Tommie-Lee Gracie Billington was found unresponsive at a friend’s residence in Lancaster on March 2. He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Grieving grandmother Tina Burns explained the boys were having a sleepover when Chinese social media claimed its latest victim.


Burns told reporters, “The boys had tried the TikTok craze ‘chroming.’ Tommie-Lee went into cardiac arrest immediately and died right there and then. The hospital did everything to try and bring him back, but nothing worked. He was gone.”

The grandmother said her dead grandson possessed a “heart of gold,” just like his dad. Burns described the family as “utterly devastated.”

Chroming is defined by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center as the intentional “inhalation of aerosol paint and other chemical products in an attempt to get high.” It is the latest dangerous craze circulating on the TikTok app.

According to the hospital, the inhaling of hydrocarbons present in household products can result in a high. This leads many to abuse these everyday substances in a manner that is also commonly known as “huffing.”

This could involve intentionally inhaling paint, solvent, gasoline, cleaning products or any number of common substances. The short-term result is a slowdown of brain activity and central nervous system.

And, in some tragic cases, death.

Tommie-Lee’s mother, Sherrie, urged concerned parents to hide household chemicals from their children. This is to keep impressionable kids from taking part in the dangerous TikTok challenge.

She wrote, “I need to raise awareness of what kids are trying nowadays. Please, please, please hide all deodorants from your children. This cost my son his life from trying something other kids are doing…It’s beyond me why anyone would even try this. It’s so dangerous.”

TikTok banned searches for the words “chroming challenge,” but reporters were able to find multiple videos on getting high with household chemicals.

Lancashire Police described Tommie-Lee’s death as “unexplained.”